Consumer Protection Act
The objectives of the Consumer Protection Commission is to promote and protect the rights of the consumers such as:-
- the right to be protected against the marketing of goods and services which are hazardous to life and property.
- the right to be informed about the quality, quantity, potency, purity, standard and price of goods or services,
- the right to seek redressal against unfair trade practices or restrictive trade practices or unscrupulous exploitation of consumers; and
- the right to consumer education.
- the right against consumer exploitation